Monday, May 2, 2011

Brian Eno -- Apollo

I've had a ton of homework to do so I've been listening to a lot of Eno's more ambient stuff. This is by far my favorite of those records. It's essentially a soundtrack to Apollo/For All Mankind, a documentary mainly just featuring footage from the Apollo moon landings. Daniel Lanois brings an unexpected countrified feeling to the record with the pedal steel parts in "Silver Morning," "Weightless," and "Deep Blue Day." The latter may get you thinking about the worst toilet in Scotland. I guess country music and outer space do kind of go together, what with it being the final frontier and all. Chill out tracks include "Deep Blue Day," "Under Stars," "Silver Morning," and "Drift." Ladies and gentlemen, we are floating in space.


1 comment:

  1. great effort eyeball kid. thanks for your good words. goin' on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete