Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Feelies--Crazy Rhythms & Live at CBGB 1977


I'm sure most people probably have this record already. It's the band's first and most popular record. I just watched The Feelies tear Prospect Park apart. I wish I could post a bootleg of the performance I just watched because it was mind blowing. They even covered "I Wanna Be Your Dog." I was unsure the energy of the record would carry over to the stage (especially since it was recorded 35 years ago) but they seriously destroyed tonight. It was amazing. Check this record out if you don't already have it. If you already do have it, you should go listen to it for a while. Stand out tracks include "Crazy Rhythms," Fa Ce-La," "Raised Eyebrows," and "The Boy With the Perpetual Nervousness."


Bonus: Since I couldn't post tonight's show here is one I'm sure would have been better if I was allowed to go to concerts when I was 9 months old...


And a movie clip from an unknown time and place...

No comments:

Post a Comment